Propidium Iodide (PI) Cat. No. 13-6990
7-AAD Cat. No. 13-6993
Note: Propidium Iodide and 7-AAD are not compatible with intracellular staining protocols that require fixation and permeabilization. For these applications we recommend use of Tonbo Biosciences Ghost Dyes.
Caution: Propidium Iodide and 7-AAD are potential carcinogens. Protect skin and eyes by wearing suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye/face protection.
Other Materials Required
- Flow Cytometry Staining Buffer (Stain Buffer) (1X PBS with 2% FBS, 0.09% Na-Azide)
- Stain cell surface antigen(s).
- Wash cells in Stain Buffer. Centrifuge at 300-400 x g for 5 minutes at room temperature and discard supernatant.
- Resuspend in appropriate volume of Stain Buffer for acquisition, typically 0.5-1 mL.
- For PI: add 10 uL (0.5 µg) to each sample.
- For 7-AAD: add 5 uL (0.25 µg) to each sample.
- Incubate samples for 5-10 minutes in the dark prior to data acquisition.
- Do not wash the cells after addition of Propidium Iodide or 7-AAD.
- Analyze cells as soon as possible after the incubation period as prolonged exposure to Propidium Iodide or 7-AAD can have adverse effects on cell viability.